If you are a woman-owned business looking to apply for corporate or government contracts.
WPEO is a dynamic community of certified women-owned businesses (WBE), building on their success through mutually beneficial partnerships with Fortune 1000 corporations and other WBEs.
The Women Presidents' Educational Organization (WPEO) comprises two of the 14 regional partner organizations of the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) -- the nation's leading advocate for women-owned businesses. WPEO was founded in 1998 by Dr. Marsha Firestone, a pioneer in opening doors for women-owned businesses.
Furthering the success of women-owned businesses is our primary mission. We provide WBENC certification -- the gold standard in diversity certification -- at the regional level, and serve as an advocate for certified women-owned businesses in our New York and Washington, D.C., regions, offering them educational programs, networking opportunities and recognition.
WPEO is incorporated in the state of New York and recognized as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
- Business profile listing in the WBENC national supplier database.
- Access to a directory of corporations accepting WBENC certification.
- Participate in local and national networking events, matchmaker meetings and trade shows with other WBEs, corporations and government offices.
- Opportunity to become a member of the local Forum.
- Opportunity to join WPEO committees.
- At least 51 percent ownership by a woman or women.
- Proof of effective management and control of the business.
- Documented evidence of contribution of capital and/or expertise.
- U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.