If you are a woman-owned business looking for funding.
The Golden Seeds Vision: A powerful force behind women entrepreneurs. A sterling opportunity for investors.
Women entrepreneurs have seen remarkable success in launching new ventures. In fact, 46 percent of the privately held firms in the United States are at least half owned by women.
- Financial services
- Consumer products and services
- Business products and services
- Healthcare services
- Internet/web services
- Media and entertainment
- The company has a woman founder who maintains a C-level operating position with the company (usually she is the CEO or COO).
- The management team is well rounded and has strong business experience, particularly in the sector in which the product is being placed.
- The market size is large enough to present an addressable market of a minimum of $1 billion.
- The product and the business model are scalable. The product is in beta (versus alpha) stage of development and has been developed with input from clients or potential clients. The company has at least one or two paying clients.
- There are some tangible barriers to entry for competitors or potential competitors, such as an intellectual property portfolio.
- There must be a clear exit strategy.
- The company is a C corporation (if you are currently an LLC, you may still apply, but you must be willing to convert to a C corp).
- The company's valuation is typically less than $5 million, particularly if it is a pre-revenue company.